Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

2010 Shepherdstown Christmas Bazaar - Featured Vendor - The Cottage of Herbs

The Cottage of Herbs is a well-known Shepherdstown local vendor that has been creating all natural gourmet herb products, delicious dip mixes, seasoning blends, tasty teas and infused herb vinegars since 1983.  One of my favorite products is the Spicy Bourcin herb mix with oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley, red pepper and spices.  You can mix a packet of this with cream cheese or yogurt (I use vegan cream cheese, soft tofu or hummus) and spread it on crackers, bagels, or pita bread.  I personally like to spread the my mixture on a slightly burned whole grain tortilla, add avocado, chopped fresh tomatoes, some chopped kale or fresh sprouts and a dash of hot sauce, roll up and enjoy.  Yum!!  
Their Sundried Tomato and Herb Pasta Mix is terrific for a quick lunch or dinner.  I simply saute the mix with some olive oil, and toss with whole grain pasta, add some fresh chopped tomatoes and kale.  Delicious!   The fragrant herbal teas are a delightful after meal calm-me-down. 
Their products not only help spice up your kitchen, they make wonderful gifts!  I am thrilled that they will also be vending at the Shepherdstown Christmas Bazaar (<--- click for dates and times).  You can check out The Cottage of Herbs on Facebook or order from their website.
Is it any wonder now that I am hungry??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment